There's pretty much a mobile app for everything these days. From fitness to news and parking to food, there's really no topic left untouched. When it comes to schools, it's a slippery slope. Apps can provide endless opportunities for learning and growth. Yet, they come hand in hand with mobile devices — which can be pretty big distractions in the classroom.
A Mobile App Brings New Learning Opportunities, but That's Not All...Yes, a mobile app can prove very useful for learning, offering eBooks and educational games designed to boost creativity, improve memory and more. However, there are several other important functions it can fulfill on a daily basis. Operating a mobile hub of information means increased communication between the school and its student body, not to mention parents. A college administration might use an app to:
- Deliver important news and bulletins, schedule changes or class cancellations.
- Provide useful tips to new students on acclimating to college life.
- Encourage school spirit and advertise events, conferences, fundraisers and school clubs/organizations.
- Post school policies as well as directions and campus maps.
- Allow students to submit forms, surveys or feedback directly to teachers and administrators.
- Create an online community board for students to connect.
- Offer ways to pay tuition or fees electronically or purchase items from a school bookstore.
- Communicate news and events to parents.