- Finding a Job after Service: Your Next Mission
Finding a Job after Service: Your Next Mission
Finding a new job is hard work. This guide presents a series of missions and challenges to help Service members and Veterans start their job search and keep it moving in the right direction.
- Writing an effective resume
- Interviewing essentials
- Accepting and negotiating an offer
- Emergency Preparedness for Service Members and Families
Emergency Preparedness for Service Members and Families
Preparing Service members to deal with disasters on base and while deployed allows them to carry on with their missions without distraction.
- Accountability and Assessment Systems
- Mass Warning and Notification Systems
- Emergency Family Plan and emergency Kits
- Tips for Abroad Families and Deployed Service Members
- Drug Awareness for Service Members
Drug Awareness for Service Members
This guide explains why people abuse drugs and provides up-to-date information on common drugs, consequences of drug use by Service members and tools and resources for self-help. Topics include:
- Drug testing
- Drug-associated risks
- Stress and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Personal strategies for prevention
- Active Bystander Intervention for Service Members
Active Bystander Intervention for Service Members
Stop sexual harassment before it happens by becoming an active bystander. Use this guide to learn more about taking a stand against sexual violence.
- Sexual assault and harassment
- How to spot dangerous situations
- Nonviolent intervention techniques
- TRICARE - Your Military Health Plan
TRICARE - Your Military Health Plan
Help your personnel better understand the benefits and regulations associated with the TRICARE program. This guide describes health care options for Service members and their families, including enrollment, eligibility, costs and more.
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Care Plans
- Special Programs and Resources
- Incident Command System (ICS)
Incident Command System (ICS)
Be prepared! This guide describes the Incident Command System (ICS). ICS is a standardized management tool for meeting the demands of small or large emergency situations. It is a key feature of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- USAF Fatigue Management
USAF Fatigue Management
This eGuide gives Airmen tips to recognize and handle fatigue and get the amount of sleep they need. This will help them to be more productive and safe when performing a vital operational mission.
- Are you at risk for fatigue?
- Managing fatigue
- Tips to handle unavoidable sleep loss
- Managing Your Stress
Managing Your Stress
The information and exercises in this eGuide will help you better understand stress and give you tips and tools to maintain a good balance of stress in your life. Learn about 10 important stress management methods that will improve your quality of life.
- Relaxation through spiritual and physical exercise
- Breathing techniques
- Stress at work
- Smart Riding for Service Members and Veterans
Smart Riding for Service Members and Veterans
This guide provides all Service members with practical information on becoming smart riders and helps increase their chances of avoiding injury or death.
- Key statistics on motorcycle injuries
- Why you need training
- Defensive riding essential skills
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Earthquake Preparedness
An earthquake can strike quickly and with little or no warning. This guide offers emergency plans for protecting yourself and your loved ones before, during and after an earthquake.
- Earthquake hazards
- Disaster supply kit
- Mental effects
- Your Personal Wellness Coach
Your Personal Wellness Coach
Let this eGuide be your personal coach. Enhance your overall fitness, endurance and quality of life. Increase your fitness level. Eat nutritiously. Learn how to manage your stress. Changing your behavior may even help you quit smoking!
- Motivational tips
- SMART Goals
- Strategies for success
- Five stages of change
- Aerobic Training
Many Americans find it difficult to build regular exercise into their daily lives. Use this eGuide to discover how easy it can be to exercise in your own way and improve your health in the process.
- Assess your readiness to exercise
- Build a program that suits you
- Monitor your fitness progression
- Stay motivated!
- TAPS - Education Support Services
TAPS - Education Support Services
After losing a loved one, making decisions concerning the future of your family is difficult. Understand the type of education options and financial support available exclusively to survivors to help smooth the path to higher education.
- Federal, state and community education benefits
- Service-specific benefits
- College advice for surviving spouses
- TAPS - Children's Grief Guide
TAPS - Children's Grief Guide
The death of a family member will have a lifelong impact on children. This guide can help you understand how grief affects children, and offers ways to help children through the grieving process.
- Challenges for Military Children
- Coping Strategies
- Talking to Children
- VA Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
VA Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
The VA Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships (CFBNP) works with faith-based, nonprofit and community/neighborhood organizations to inform them of the programs and services VA has available for Veterans and their families. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Ways of helping
- Volunteering with VA
- Veterans/Military Ministry
- NAVY - Operational Risk Management
NAVY - Operational Risk Management
As a leader, you are responsible for ensuring that proper procedures are in place for personnel to perform their tasks. Increase mission success with minimal losses by implementing Operational Risk Management and Time Critical Risk Management.
- Risk-management levels
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- Time Critical Risk Managment (TCRM)
- NAVY - New Parent Support Home Visitation Program
NAVY - New Parent Support Home Visitation Program
Military life presents some unique challenges for parents with newborns and young children. The New Parent Support Program (NPSP) is here to help you adjust to parenthood and thrive as a healthy family.
- Your child's emotional development
- A father's role
- Parenting during deployment
- ARMY - Ready and Resilient Resource Guide
ARMY - Ready and Resilient Resource Guide
Resilience combines mental, emotional and physical skills to generate optimum performance - in combat, in healing after injury, and in managing your work and home life. This guide contains information and resources to help you build and promote resilience.
- Suicide/substance abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Breastfeeding 101
Breastfeeding is a special time of bonding between a mother and her child. This guide introduces new mothers to the benefits of breastfeeding, offers tips on facilitating the breastfeeding process, and answers important frequently asked questions.
- Common breastfeeding problems
- Benefits of breastfeeding and breast milk
- Breastfeeding positions
- VA - Foreign Medical Program Handbook
VA - Foreign Medical Program Handbook
If you are a VA-rated veteran with a service-connected disability and are living or traveling abroad, make sure you are getting the benefits you deserve! Read this guide to get all the details on this useful program.
- FMP health benefits coverage
- Selecting a health care provider
- Claims and Appeals
- Crisis Intervention
Emergency personnel can now learn how to deal with people in a state of emotional turmoil, and help make a difference in how well a these people cope with crisis.
- Gives the ability to be alert in crisis situation
- Psychological response sequence
- Crisis intervention protocols
- Dealing with unusual and difficult situations
- VA - MGIB Active Duty
VA - MGIB Active Duty
Get the education or training you've earned with the Montgomery GI Bill. Learn how you can benefit from this bill and get the career you want.
- Qualification and requirements
- Related benefits
- Application process
- VA contacts
- ARMY - Employment Readiness Program
ARMY - Employment Readiness Program
Frequent relocations create career challenges for military spouses. This eGuide provides helpful advice when applying for employment. It also features information on employment programs available for military spouses.
- Military Spouse Preference Program
- Conducting job searches
- Interview tips
- Information on resume styles
- Freedom from Tobacco
Freedom from Tobacco
This eGuide provides facts, tips and exercises to help you free yourself from tobacco. Whether you are quitting on your own, with a support group or already have quit, this self-help guide will keep you tobacco-free.
- Why do I smoke?
- Harmful effects
- Tips to quit
- Prevent relapse