- Navy Family's ASD Guide
Navy Family's ASD Guide
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) affects about 23,000 military children. If ASD has touched your family, get the information and resources you need to help your child thrive.
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes and risk factors
- Military transitions and services
- Helpful resources
- Take Control: Life With Chronic Pain
Take Control: Life With Chronic Pain
More than 76 million Americans are affected by chronic pain. Service members and veterans can avoid becoming part of this statistic by getting the right treatment for combat-related pain and enjoying a better quality of life.
- Types of pain and their assessment
- Treatment and care options
- Challenges in pain care
- Pain Medication: Be Smart & Be Safe
Pain Medication: Be Smart & Be Safe
Ninety percent of Americans treated for pain are prescribed opioid medications. Increase your awareness and understanding of pain management so that you can use your opioids safely and responsibly.
- Managing Pain Safely
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention
- Opioid Treatment Agreement
- Pain In the Military
- End Child Trafficking - Tools for School Personnel
End Child Trafficking - Tools for School Personnel
Many victims of human trafficking are students in American schools. School personnel can help by knowing how to identify and report suspected child exploitation.
- Types, signs and effects of human trafficking
- How traffickers target, lure and groom victims
- Elements of effective school policies
- How to talk to victims and get help
- Knee: Training & Rehabilitation
Knee: Training & Rehabilitation
Combined with your physician's recommendations, this guide can help prevent knee injuries and will complement your rehabilitation program. Includes 32 illustrated strengthening exercises for your knees.
- Functional anatomy
- Common injuries
- Rehab phases (for acute and oversuse injuries)
- Shoulder: Training and Rehabilitaiton
Shoulder: Training and Rehabilitaiton
Combined with your physician's recommendations, this guide can help prevent shoulder injuries and will complement your rehabilitation program. It includes 29 illustrated flexibility and strengthening exercises for your shoulders.
- Anatomy of the shoulder
- Common shoulder injuries
- Injury prevention strategies
- Shoulder strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Domestic and Child Abuse in the Military
Domestic and Child Abuse in the Military
Domestic violence happens often enough in the military that the DoD has made it an item of specific concern. Our guide speaks to victims of abuse, their friends and family, and Service members so that victims get appropriate care.
- Abuse risk factors / indicators of abuse
- FAP and military response system overview
- Prevention and reporting
- Helping a victim of abuse
- ARMY - Family Member Benefits
ARMY - Family Member Benefits
Army life can be overwhelming without support networks and proper information to assist Soldiers and their families. Give your Soldiers the best information about the benefits, entitlements, programs and services that are at their disposal.
- Contains all ACS programs
- Health care - TRICARE
- Additional resources and websites
- Reunion and Reintegration
Reunion and Reintegration
The uncommon lifestyle that Soldiers experience during a deployment and the impact on them and their families makes a seamless transition to their old lifestyle an unreasonable expectation. This guide provides tips that can help strengthen the family unit.
- Making your homecoming successful
- How children may respond to your homecoming
- Tips on overcoming communication challenges
- NAVY - Pregnancy and Parenthood
NAVY - Pregnancy and Parenthood
This guide details the Navy’s Pregnancy and Parenthood Program. It is a complete and easy-to-use resource on this subject and is written specifically for Navy personnel and commanders.
- Separation while pregnant
- Assignment/operational deferment
- Family Care Plan Checklist
- Summary of official guidelines for commanders
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
Emerging Infectious Diseases
Learn how to spot the symptoms of today's most common emerging infectious diseases so you can stop the spread.
- Overview of 12 emerging infectious diseases
- Common infectious diseases in children
- Useful prevention tips and resources
- Army EDU Transition Guide
Army EDU Transition Guide
Returning to civilian life is a complex undertaking. In this guide, you'll find information on the many services and resources available to facilitate this transition.
- Transition/Soldier Life Cycle
- Transition Milestones
- Retiree Services Office
- VA Benefits
- Lower Back: Training and Rehabilitation
Lower Back: Training and Rehabilitation
Combined with your physician's recommendations, this guide can help prevent lower back injuries and will complement your rehabilitation program. Includes 32 illustrated flexibility and strengthening exercises for your lower back.
- Developing a healthy back
- Common injuries and conditions
- Rehabilitation programs
- USAF - Equal Opportunity
USAF - Equal Opportunity
The Air Force wants to protect you from unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment. Learn about its Zero Tolerance policy and what steps are taken to ensure the safety and mutual respect of all Wingmen.
- Unlawful discrimination and harassment defined
- Understand the EO complaint process
- Frequently asked question
- Improve Your Emotional Wellness at Work
Improve Your Emotional Wellness at Work
This guide will help employees understand, manage and incorporate emotional well-being into their professional and personal lives.
- What is workplace wellness?
- What is emotional well-being?
- Personal assessment
- Tips and tools to improve your well-being
- Military Payday: Income and Entitlements
Military Payday: Income and Entitlements
Are you receiving the pay you're entitled to? Get an overview of the military's extensive system of pays and allowances in this comprehensive guide.
- Pay and allowances
- Helpful resources
- TSA - Highway Transportation Infrastructure Counterterrorism Guide
TSA - Highway Transportation Infrastructure Counterterrorism Guide
This guide is intended to provide an awareness of specific counterterrorism issues to help prevent, protect and respond to a security incident related to highway transportation infrastructure.
- Pre-incident indicators
- Identifying potential targets and threats
- Understanding terrorists' tactics
- Prevention and mitigation
- TSA - Surface Cybersecurity Awareness Guide
TSA - Surface Cybersecurity Awareness Guide
This guide outlines the types of threats most commonly found in cyberspace and explains how you can protect your company’s data, computer systems and your personal information. It also provides detailed information on the safe use of the Internet, social networks and mobile technology.
- Malware, email scams and identity theft
- Threats to networks and mobile devices
- Cyber incident response and recovery
- eUSAF Resilience in Action
eUSAF Resilience in Action
This guide describes life-long resilience tools necessary to handle stress, identify potential problems and develop ways to prosper during times of great adversity.
- Total well-being
- What is family resilience?
- Resilience skills in action
- Local, crisis and other resources
- Weight Management
Control your weight safely and effectively. This guide offers practical suggestions and lifestyle strategies to effectively maintain and lose weight. Manage your cravings, survive restaurants, stay motivated and be healthy.
- Understand your eating habits
- Manage your cravings
- Keeping the weight off
- BMI Chart
- USAF Fatigue Management
USAF Fatigue Management
This eGuide gives Airmen tips to recognize and handle fatigue and get the amount of sleep they need. This will help them to be more productive and safe when performing a vital operational mission.
- Are you at risk for fatigue?
- Managing fatigue
- Tips to handle unavoidable sleep loss
- Managing Your Stress
Managing Your Stress
The information and exercises in this eGuide will help you better understand stress and give you tips and tools to maintain a good balance of stress in your life. Learn about 10 important stress management methods that will improve your quality of life.
- Relaxation through spiritual and physical exercise
- Breathing techniques
- Stress at work
- Navy Command Pass Coordinator (CPC)
Navy Command Pass Coordinator (CPC)
- Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Add flavor and variety to your lunch recipe repertoire with the healthy and easy-to-prepare dishes in this eGuide.