- Recovering from Sexual Trauma for Victims of Rape and Sexual Assault
Recovering from Sexual Trauma for Victims of Rape and Sexual Assault
Sexual violence is a crime. The physical and emotional trauma it causes can affect victims for years. This guide provides information for victims of rape and sexual assault.
- Physical and psychological effects of sexual trauma
- Reporting the crime
- Coping and recovery
- Media awareness
- Hepatitis C for Health Care Providers
Hepatitis C for Health Care Providers
Health care providers should arm themselves with the latest HCV information to better treat infected patients and take the right precautions to protect themselves in the health care setting.
- - HCV symptoms
- - Testing and diagnosis procedures
- - Management and treatment guidelines
- Employer's Guide - Hiring Veterans
Employer's Guide - Hiring Veterans
Learn how you can benefit from a Veteran's work experience and unique training. This guide highlights some of the many programs available to help employers recruit, hire and retain Veterans.
- Where to Find Veterans
- Understanding Veterans' Skills and Qualifications
- Employer Resources
- Spot It. Stop It. Be An Active Bystander
Spot It. Stop It. Be An Active Bystander
Stop sexual harassment before it happens by becoming an active bystander. This guide teaches you about:
- - Sexual assault and harassment
- - How to spot dangerous situations
- - Nonviolent intervention techniques
- Preventing and Combating SS Fraud
Preventing and Combating SS Fraud
The Social Security Administration strives to ensure the integrity of its programs and is committed to preventing, detecting, and resolving attempts to defraud its services.
- Agency activities to combat fraud
- Guidance for helping victims of fraud
- How to report fraud
- General resources for suspected fraud
- Incident Command System (ICS)
Incident Command System (ICS)
Be prepared! This guide describes the Incident Command System (ICS). ICS is a standardized management tool for meeting the demands of small or large emergency situations. It is a key feature of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Weight Management
Control your weight safely and effectively. This guide offers practical suggestions and lifestyle strategies to effectively maintain and lose weight. Manage your cravings, survive restaurants, stay motivated and be healthy.
- Understand your eating habits
- Manage your cravings
- Keeping the weight off
- BMI Chart
- USAF Fatigue Management
USAF Fatigue Management
This eGuide gives Airmen tips to recognize and handle fatigue and get the amount of sleep they need. This will help them to be more productive and safe when performing a vital operational mission.
- Are you at risk for fatigue?
- Managing fatigue
- Tips to handle unavoidable sleep loss
- Managing Your Stress
Managing Your Stress
The information and exercises in this eGuide will help you better understand stress and give you tips and tools to maintain a good balance of stress in your life. Learn about 10 important stress management methods that will improve your quality of life.
- Relaxation through spiritual and physical exercise
- Breathing techniques
- Stress at work
- Navy Command Pass Coordinator (CPC)
Navy Command Pass Coordinator (CPC)
- Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Add flavor and variety to your lunch recipe repertoire with the healthy and easy-to-prepare dishes in this eGuide.
- Coping with Fatigue for New Parents
Coping with Fatigue for New Parents
What's a sleep-deprived parent to do?
- This eGuide provides tips and solutions to help you and your partner get enough sleep and cope with the fatigue of new parenthood.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Workplace conflict can negatively impact a company and its employees. Discover how Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) can help settle workplace disputes quickly and efficiently before problems escalate.
- Introduction to workplace conflict
- Types and benefits of ADR
- Alternative discipline practices
- Helpful ADR resources
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards for Juvenile Facilities
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards for Juvenile Facilities
This guide presents the PREA standards that apply to juvenile facilities - what the personnel must do to prevent, detect and respond to sexual abuse and sexual harassment. It is designed for all employees, contractors and volunteers who interact with juvenile residents.
- PREA definitions of sexual abuse and sexual
- Personnel's responsibilities according to the PREA requirements
- Managing Workplace Stress and Conflict
Managing Workplace Stress and Conflict
Workplace stress and conflict can have a negative impact on any company. Employers to employees must learn how to manage their work-related stress and conflicts so that they can perform at their best.
- Common causes of workplace stress and conflict
- Tips for controlling your emotions
- Helpful exercises to control the effects of stress and conflict
- What Matters Most to You? A Guide to Implementing a Personalized Health Approach
What Matters Most to You? A Guide to Implementing a Personalized Health Approach
This resource from the VA Office of Patient Centered Care and Cultural Transformation introduces the Components of Proactive Health and Well-Being. It will help guide the conversation when exploring the Veteran’s health vision and goals.
- MyStory: personal health inventory
- The 8 areas of self-care
- Identifying and supporting the Veteran's goals
- Emergency Preparedness for Pet Owners
Emergency Preparedness for Pet Owners
Prepare your pets for any emergency with the helpful tips in this guide. From evacuation to returning home, learn how to keep your pets as safe as any other member of your family.
- Evacuation tips
- Pet IDs and microchips
- Preparing your pet's emergency supply kit
- Tips on how to act during an emergency
- TAPS - Education Support Services
TAPS - Education Support Services
After losing a loved one, making decisions concerning the future of your family is difficult. Understand the type of education options and financial support available exclusively to survivors to help smooth the path to higher education.
- Federal, state and community education benefits
- Service-specific benefits
- College advice for surviving spouses
- Smart Riding for Military Personnel
Smart Riding for Military Personnel
This guide provides all Service members with practical information on becoming smart riders and helps increase their chances of avoiding injury or death.
- Key statistics on motorcycle injuries
- Why you need training
- Defensive riding essential skills
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Quick Chicken Choices
Quick Chicken Choices
Chicken dishes are popular all over the world. From curries to pastas and burgers, chicken is an international hit. It is easy to prepare, spice and flavor, and delicious, whether eaten hot or cold.
- Chicken salads
- Grilled chicken
- Chicken soup
- International flavors
- Crisis Intervention and Recovering from Traumatic Stress
Crisis Intervention and Recovering from Traumatic Stress
This eGuide was developed as a reference tool for wildland fire community members experiencing the symptoms of a traumatic stress reaction. It can help you develop a working strategy for managing traumatic stress.
- The symptoms of critical incident stress
- Mindfulness, active coping and anger management
- Crisis intervention and communication
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Earthquake Preparedness
An earthquake can strike quickly and with little or no warning. This guide offers emergency plans for protecting yourself and your loved ones before, during and after an earthquake.
- Earthquake hazards
- Disaster supply kit
- Mental effects
- Spiritual Wellness
Spirituality is an important part of your total wellness. This guide helps you to understand and explore the spiritual side of your life as part of a total well-being package.
- Four dimensions of total well-being
- How to develop spiritual wellness
- 13 C's of spiritual wellness
- Key concepts of spiritual well-being
- Stress Control and Resilience
Stress Control and Resilience
This guide was developed as a quick reference tool for wildland fire community members to develop stress-control skills and resilience. It can also be used to help coworkers overcome difficulties that could potentially become disabling.
- Resilience and fatigue
- Nutrition and total well-being
- Stress control