- Sink All Putts
Sink All Putts
When you have great drive and a better approach shot, nothing is more frustrating than losing par because of your putting. In this guide you can find the essential tips and techniques for you to improve one of golf's most important shots.
- Mechanics of putting
- Practice drills
- Reading the greens
- Long and short putts
- Precision Short Game
Precision Short Game
This guide is filled with tips, drills and score-saving advice to improve your short game and lower your score in the shortest possible time.
- Choosing your wedges
- Chip it close every time
- Control distance on pitch shots
- Bunkers and other problem lies
- Long, Straight Drives
Long, Straight Drives
Filled with drills and power-generating advice, this guide can help you to knock strokes off your score by giving tips and techniques for longer and straighter drives.
- Choosing your driver
- Curing your slice or your hook
- Fundamentals of setup
- Improving accuracy
- 275 Simple Golf Tips
275 Simple Golf Tips
From tee to green and in between, "Golf Tips" is the perfect guide for new golfers. Learn how to manage your game, from stance and grip, to club selection and etiquette. An excellent companion for the golf course or practice range.
- Basic positioning
- Special shots
- Pitching and chipping
- Know-It-All Golf Rules
Know-It-All Golf Rules
Learn the rules of golf in 20 minutes! This detailed, concise guide covers the most common situations encountered on every part of the course. Increase your knowledge (and settle arguments) with our "Golf Rules" guide.
- Hazards and obstructions
- Putting green
- Pace and etiquette
- Fun and Fresh Side Games
Fun and Fresh Side Games
Golf is known as an emotional game of skill and concentration - but that doesn't mean you can't have fun. 'Golf Games' was created to spice up your round of golf, offering individual, team and tournament games. Enjoy!
- Game basics
- Calculating point games
- Tournament games
- Fun games
- Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Healthy 10-minute Lunches
Add flavor and variety to your lunch recipe repertoire with the healthy and easy-to-prepare dishes in this eGuide.
- Coping with Fatigue for New Parents
Coping with Fatigue for New Parents
What's a sleep-deprived parent to do?
- This eGuide provides tips and solutions to help you and your partner get enough sleep and cope with the fatigue of new parenthood.
- Smart Riding for Military Personnel
Smart Riding for Military Personnel
This guide provides all Service members with practical information on becoming smart riders and helps increase their chances of avoiding injury or death.
- Key statistics on motorcycle injuries
- Why you need training
- Defensive riding essential skills
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Quick Chicken Choices
Quick Chicken Choices
Chicken dishes are popular all over the world. From curries to pastas and burgers, chicken is an international hit. It is easy to prepare, spice and flavor, and delicious, whether eaten hot or cold.
- Chicken salads
- Grilled chicken
- Chicken soup
- International flavors
- Crisis Intervention and Recovering from Traumatic Stress
Crisis Intervention and Recovering from Traumatic Stress
This eGuide was developed as a reference tool for wildland fire community members experiencing the symptoms of a traumatic stress reaction. It can help you develop a working strategy for managing traumatic stress.
- The symptoms of critical incident stress
- Mindfulness, active coping and anger management
- Crisis intervention and communication
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Earthquake Preparedness
An earthquake can strike quickly and with little or no warning. This guide offers emergency plans for protecting yourself and your loved ones before, during and after an earthquake.
- Earthquake hazards
- Disaster supply kit
- Mental effects
- Suicide Attack Preparedness for First Responders
Suicide Attack Preparedness for First Responders
As the number of suicide bombings in the U.S. grows, first responders must be prepared. This detailed guide helps first responders defeat, mitigate and recover from suicide attacks.
- Identifying bombers
- Understanding explosives
- Interdicting suspected bombers
- Containing and managing the scene
- Hospital ICS (HICS)
Hospital ICS (HICS)
Be prepared! Understand the concepts of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) for your hospital to be ready to respond to any large- and small-scale emergency situations.
- HICS Organizational Charts
- HICS Tools
- Incident Action Planning
- Transition GPS: Guide to Successful Separation
Transition GPS: Guide to Successful Separation
Transition GPS: Guide to Successful Separation is designed to aid active-duty and Reserve Component Service members through the separation process. The guide has chapters on each of the following:
- Career Readiness Standards (CRS)
- Transition GPS Modules
- Education and Training
- Employment and Career
- Hazmat First Responder - Operations Level
Hazmat First Responder - Operations Level
First Responders - Operations Level are personnel who are responsible for initially responding to hazmat emergencies. First Responders - Operations level training is required for individuals who respond to releases or potential releases of hazmat as part of the initial response.
- The First Months: Infant and Postpartum Care
The First Months: Infant and Postpartum Care
Many first-time parents feel unprepared for caring for an infant. With a little practice and this guide as a reference, you will quickly gain confidence in your ability to care for your baby.
- How to feed your baby
- Body care basics and bathing your baby
- Illnesses and when to call the doctor
- Postpartum care for moms
- Preparing for Baby's Arrival
Preparing for Baby's Arrival
Make your first days at home with baby as easy, relaxing and safe as possible by preparing your home and family before baby arrives.
- Set up the nursery
- Create a mom station and a diaper station
- Eliminate household hazards
- Prepare your older children
- Spiritual Wellness
Spirituality is an important part of your total wellness. This guide helps you to understand and explore the spiritual side of your life as part of a total well-being package.
- Four dimensions of total well-being
- How to develop spiritual wellness
- 13 C's of spiritual wellness
- Key concepts of spiritual well-being
- Stress Control and Resilience
Stress Control and Resilience
This guide was developed as a quick reference tool for wildland fire community members to develop stress-control skills and resilience. It can also be used to help coworkers overcome difficulties that could potentially become disabling.
- Resilience and fatigue
- Nutrition and total well-being
- Stress control
- Your Personal Wellness Coach
Your Personal Wellness Coach
Let this eGuide be your personal coach. Enhance your overall fitness, endurance and quality of life. Increase your fitness level. Eat nutritiously. Learn how to manage your stress. Changing your behavior may even help you quit smoking!
- Motivational tips
- SMART Goals
- Strategies for success
- Five stages of change
- Aerobic Training
Many Americans find it difficult to build regular exercise into their daily lives. Use this eGuide to discover how easy it can be to exercise in your own way and improve your health in the process.
- Assess your readiness to exercise
- Build a program that suits you
- Monitor your fitness progression
- Stay motivated!
- NATIONAL PARK SERVICE - Occupational Safety
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE - Occupational Safety
Every National Park Service (NPS) supervisor, employee and volunteer is responsible for following safe work practices and procedures, and identifying and reporting unsafe conditions. This guide is intended to provide assistance in carrying out those responsibilities and includes:
- Field injury prevention and first aid information
- Procedures for:
- Working in confined spaces
- Operating heavy equipment, machines and tools, motor and off-highway vehicles
- Recovering from Sexual Trauma for Victims of Rape and Sexual Assault
Recovering from Sexual Trauma for Victims of Rape and Sexual Assault
Sexual violence is a crime. The physical and emotional trauma it causes can affect victims for years. This guide provides information for victims of rape and sexual assault:
- Physical and psychological effects of sexual trauma
- Reporting the crime
- Coping and recovery
- Media awareness