(Last Modified On March 10, 2022)
Introduction, Definitions and Acceptance
- “Client” refers to clients of QuickSeries who have tasked QuickSeries with developing a mobile application.
- “Device” refers to the handheld or tablet device onto which you downloaded the Application and are using the Services.
- “eGuides” refers to the packaged content drawn from a variety of sources, including content we have created and own the rights to and content for which we have obtained licenses for use in the Services and eGuides.
- “QuickSeries” refers to QuickSeries Publishing inc., a duly incorporated company in the State of Florida, its affiliates and subsidiaries. Any reference to “we”, “our”, or “us” in this Policy shall also refer to QuickSeries. In this Policy, a Services user may be referred to as “you” or “your”.
- “Representatives” refers to all QuickSeries’ shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, principals, representatives, successors and assigns.
By downloading, using or accessing the Application on your Device, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Policy. If you do not agree to all the provisions contained in the Policy, you are not authorized to use the Services. If you have downloaded the Application and do not agree to all the provisions of the Policy, you must delete the Application from your Device.
QuickSeries reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to modify or replace any of the Policy. Any changes to the Policy can be found at this URL. It is your responsibility to check the Policy periodically for changes. Your use of the Services following the posting of any changes to the Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes. If there are any significant changes to the Policy that, in our sole opinion, materially affect the way we treat your information, you will be notified upon opening the Application.
If you have any questions about the Policy or if you wish to inquire about and / or access any Personal Information QuickSeries holds about you, please contact:
QuickSeries Legal Services
QuickSeries Legal Services
5100 NW 33rd Avenue, Suite 247
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33309
General Statement of Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
QuickSeries takes your privacy and security of Personal Information (as defined below) very seriously. We have provided a secure environment and this strict Policy that describes the limited ways the information is used and the limited access to such information.
This Policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and other information gathered by QuickSeries when you are using the Services. This Policy also covers QuickSeries’ treatment of any Personal Information that QuickSeries may share with its business partners or other third parties under very limited circumstances.
Finally, this Policy does not cover any Personal Information you send to QuickSeries via any non-secured mode of communications such as email, instant messenger or Twitter, as communications via these methods may be subject to interception, loss, or alteration. While we welcome your comments and suggestions sent to us in this manner, we encourage you to carefully examine what Personal Information you send to QuickSeries via these methods.
No Collection of Personal Information as a Matter of Course
QuickSeries does not, as a matter of course, gather any of your Personal Information while you are using the Services, unless you are asked to provide such information. Personal Information is only gathered with your informed consent. Where you have provided Personal Information, it will only be used for the stated purpose, as detailed more specifically in the next section.
Personal Information Collected and Its Uses, and Exceptions
The following is an exhaustive list of Personal Information collected from you when you use Services and what we use it for. You acknowledge that you are submitting this Personal Information with your informed consent.
- Mobile User Registration: End users are invited to use the Services and are required to login. With this invitation, end-user access privileges and permissions are set and determined by the Client. The Client must enter the full name and email address of every user that is invited to use the app. In such cases, end users will be asked to set their app password. Log-in information and setting permissions are used to grant you access to the application and to set your permissions. Additional information may be requested of the end users at the Client’s discretion. QuickSeries does not have any input or control over information that may be requested by the Client nor do we have access to this information and will not use it in any way.
- Location Information: When a user opts in to background location tracking by the app, only the last known location is saved (replaces the previous location). Static locations may also be configured by subscribing to one or many U.S. ZIP code regions. This may also be an alternative to background location tracking for those less comfortable with constantly sharing their location.
- Mobile device access: The Application may request access or permission to certain features on the user’s device including: calendar, camera, contacts, sensor and, SMS messages. End users can change the access and permissions in their device settings.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Application and the Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information further up in this Policy.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Application that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information further up in this Policy.
Security and Encryption of Information
QuickSeries uses commercially reasonable measures in keeping any data collected (including Personal Information) secure. In addition, QuickSeries uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services, and these third parties have been selected for their high standards of security, both electronic and physical. For example, QuickSeries uses Amazon Web Services Inc., a recognized leader in secure data, for hosting of the Services, and storage of information. You acknowledge that our third-party vendors and hosting partners may be located in jurisdictions or countries where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your home province, state, country or other governmental jurisdiction.
Limited Gathering of Information for Statistical, Analytical and Security Purposes
Non-disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except as provided in the next paragraphs, QuickSeries does not divulge any Personal Information gathered via the Application or Services to third parties. Moreover, except as provided in the next paragraphs QuickSeries does not sell, rent, trade or license any Personal Information regarding its users to third parties. Only the Clients, Representatives and subcontractors of QuickSeries are responsible for the management and development of the Application and Services, and only these persons have access to the information collected there. These Clients, Representatives and subcontractors all have been instructed to comply with the Policy.
General Information Transfer from the Services
Any information (personal or not) the Services collect while you use them may be stored locally on your Device and then transferred to servers controlled by QuickSeries, and QuickSeries may obtain this information as a result of the data being sent to our servers from the Services. The information, however, is only used (or not used) by QuickSeries as described elsewhere in this Policy.
The following is a complete listing and description of what native functions on your Device that were developed by third parties are accessed and / or modified by the Application.
- Geolocation: for safety check, sorting maps, and notifications (if opted in);
- Push notifications: which you can choose to receive or not, but only with your express permission;
- Calendar: for saving events, but only with your express permission;
- Camera: for taking or attaching photos and videos for reporting, and saving photos and videos in the Make your Plan module, but only with your express permission;
- Photo library: for the purpose of attaching photos and videos for reporting, and saving photos and videos in the Make your Plan module, but only with your express permission; and
- Contact book: when you use the make your plan feature, but only with your express permission.
User Control and Uninstall for the Application
For the Application, you can access and change certain user settings from the settings menu on your Device. You may also uninstall; uninstall methods may vary depending on your Device Android version or iOS version. QuickSeries has no control over these functions and denies any responsibility of your use thereof, and any data or Personal Information sent to third parties as a result of said activities.
Access to and Deletion of Personal Information
If you wish to inquire about and access what Personal Information QuickSeries holds about you, or if you wish to delete any Personal Information held about you from our databases, please contact us using the information further up in this Policy.
Risks Associated with the Internet and Wireless Data Transmission
Despite QuickSeries’ best efforts to ensure that third parties will not access or obtain your Personal Information through your use of the Services, complete confidentiality and security cannot currently be guaranteed on the Internet and / or where data is transferred via wireless digital technology of any type. Communication via the Internet or wireless digital technology is subject to interception, loss, or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that QuickSeries, its Clients and its Representatives cannot be held responsible for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or Personal Information over the Internet or wireless digital technology and that such communications are at your own risk.